Sustainable Winter Break
As classes and finals winding down, please help the University reduce energy and be sustainable for winter break.
Please complete these small tasks before leaving campus:
- Turn off all office and personal equipment, such as, computers, monitors, printers, copiers, televisions, etc
- ACS recommends you shut down and restart your computers for critical updates and patches to occur and to add new versions of software. This should be a nightly or weekly occurrence.
- Unplug appliances in residence halls, kitchens and offices.
- Including, but not limited to, coffee makers, televisions, paper shredders, gaming systems, etc.
- Close and lock all windows, and if you have window shades consider closing them also.
- Turn off all your lights, where possible, including task lighting and decorative lighting.
- Please lower the thermostat to 60 degrees if applicable.
- If you have approval for a space heater, please make sure that is turned off before leaving for the break.
- Computer Labs: please make sure all computers are turned off.
- Conference Rooms with computers and televisions: please make sure all are turned off.
All of these efforts help save energy and contribute to SU’s Climate Action Plan, the institutional roadmap for becoming carbon neutrality.